The guitar’s roots are on the west coast of the United States, where the first model was designed in California. It takes inspiration from the look and design of a Fender Stratocaster. '. We will look for and suggest the best products on your behalf. Also how are these guitars compared to the older Pacifica Models (512, 612, 812, etc.)? The main talking point about about the entry level Pacificas is the build quality. Guitar Pacifica also sits next to Fender's Squier series of electric guitars and is among the top-selling instruments in the price range for its high value and good playability. Yamaha Pacifica vs the Fender (or Squier) Strat Most of the Pacifica’s you’ll see are modeled after the Stratocaster body although there are quite a few differences that are worth pointing out. The bridge humbucker is used for most of the main passages and riffing. These guitars are solid and reliable, providing an excellent base from which to begin learning. YAMAHA Yamaha Pacifica PAC312H Electric Guitar Stratocaster will be exhibited. Here's a pretty good review of the model offered for you -also claimed to be a mike stern model which it is not-. The Pacifica 311 is a premium high-performance guitar which is affordable for all guitarists, beginners and professionals. Stratocaster vs Telecaster: The History. Does the 311H feels as good as the 611H? Yamaha Pacifica 311H Yamaha Pacifica 311H - With the looks, feel and versatility of PAC611HFM built in as standard, PAC311H makes real custom-shop vibe more accessible than ever. The Pacifica is a well-made instrument. Although this is a beginners guitar, the number of features and the build quality is amazing for the price-point. I'm leaning toward the Yamaha Pacifica 611 for a few reasons , one being weight. Yamaha Pacifica guitars are manufactured in the Far East, which makes them affordable for most players. I do not recommend them because the parts are not all interchangable with Fender parts. If you want to do something as simple as put on a more attractive pickguard, you have a problem. Their build quality is typically superb, and these instruments have a reputation as some of the best beginner and intermediate guitars available on the market. It was a cold, snowy winter just before Christmas. Electric guitar. Yamaha’s Pacifica series guitars have remained best sellers since their introduction way back in 1990 for several very good reasons, but the main reason for their popularity and longevity is that every Pacifica model—from the most inexpensive entry-level instrument to the top-of-the-line artist signature guitar—provides unbeatable value for the money. Leo Fender and his team in Fullerton, California, began work on the guitar that would become the Telecaster back in 1949. Yamaha Pacifica 112VCX 1.25 out of 5 based on 1 ratings . Some Squiers may be as good but not many. Soon after the two-pup Broadcaster was revealed. Played acoustic for years but been really wanting to learn more bluesy stuff recently, so want to get a … They do not fit on the Yamaha. Yamaha also made the Pacifica 311s which has a rosewood fretboard." Pacifica - Specs - Electric Guitars - Guitars, Basses & Amps - Musical Instruments - Products - Yamaha - United States Yamaha is well known around the world for producing quite a variety of different products, from guitars to motorcycles, pianos to robots. About the same as mid level Squier Stratocasters quality wise. In a similar class, have a current model Pacifica 112V and Squier Affinity Tele for basis of comparison, as well as a Yamaha APX600. In the end I chose the 311H over the 611H with intention to mod the PUPs, as aesthetically, I didn't like the 611's thematic and bling, and SD PUPs notwithstanding , just preferred the 311H. This guitar can do all that a Fender Stratocaster can do, says one user, and it is excellent for beginners who want to learn guitar. The Yamaha Pacifica 012 guitar known for its clean sound and excellent playability for guitarists of all levels. They also have a slightly sharper silhouette than traditional guitars of this type. The History of the Yamaha Pacifica Series. Yamaha SSH Pick up Configuration with all the electronics in perfect working order...Gig bag supplied. [QUESTION] Mexican Stratocaster vs. Pacifica 611 hfm Hey r/guitar ! But with its roots in the music industry, don’t be fooled by the Yamaha Corporation’s broad portfolio; music was the company’s stomping ground and remains a prime focal point to this day. The Yamaha 611/612 has Seymour Duncans stock,(Custom 5 bridge Humbucker - P90, HSS) locking Grover tuners, Wilkinson VS50 6 screw tremolo, GraphTech nut (41mm) i want a new Strat with a bridge humbucker that I won't need or want to mod. Pacifica - Overview - Electric Guitars - Guitars, Basses & Amps - Musical Instruments - Products - Yamaha - United States I was just wondering if anyone has experience on them? Yamaha Pacifica 311H According to Yamaha, total sales of the Pacifica are in excess of 1,000,000 since its launch in 1989, and it's arguably the only brand that can hold its own at the lower and mid reaches of the market against the massive names of Squier, Fender and Epiphone. Fender Strats have a rounded heel on the neck.Yamaha … Fender pickguards will not fit. I would more compare the squire Strat to the Pacifica though as they are more in the same price range of guitar. This series was first launched in 1990 and had delighted musicians for the past 30 years. Well, any answer you get is likely to be largely subjective… but I’ll give it a go. Even if you think to yourself, 'But the item I want is only available in Japan. On the right a Yamaha Pacifica … None of those will fit on the Yamaha. The neck humbucker is a Yamaha Alnico5. Designed to be player focused, the Pacifica range offers sound, feel and versatility ready for any style or stage. I'm in the process of buying a used electric guitar and I am deciding between a Mexican made fender stratocaster from 2001-2002 and a Yamaha Pacifica 611 hfm which is only a couple of years old. Yamaha Pacifica is the name of a series of electric guitars manufactured by Yamaha.The line was originally designed in Yamaha's California custom-shop by Rich Lasner, working with guitar builder Leo Knapp. Today the range includes 15 models from … I voted Pacifica I like the necks on the Yamaha guitars comfortable and easy to play, your best bet would to go to a guitar shop that has a selection of both and try them out and see which one feels and sounds best to you. Yamaha Pacifica? Yamaha Pacifica PAC311H VW Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Vintage White: $399.99 » Yamaha Pacifica PAC311H BL Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Black: $399.99 » Yamaha 6 String Electric Guitar Pack, Right, Vintage White (PAC311H VW) $399.99 » Yamaha 6 String Electric Guitar Pack, Right, Vintage White (PAC311H VW) $399.99 » If you need to replace your neck, for example, you can find another Squier neck, a Fender neck or any of the licensed by Fender necks, all will fit. At Regent Sounds, we price the American Performer Stratocaster at £949, while the American Professional Strat comes in at £1379. Pacifica - Overview - Electric Guitars - Guitars, Basses & Amps - Musical Instruments - Products - Yamaha - Music - Australia The 311H is way cheaper (only $320-ish) but looks killer. The fender Strat would have better pickups and electronics as well. RRP: $629.99 >>> … Yamaha started producing the Pacifica series in the early 1990s. One of the best electric guitar values for over a decade, Yamaha Pacifica guitars are well known for great tone and outstanding playability. Fender parts fit on the Squier. The Yamaha Pacifica 112J is a HSS (Humbucker in the bridge, single coil in middle and neck) alder double cutaway bodied, maple bolt-on necked, rosewood fingerboard electric guitar closely (but not too closely) based on the Fender Stratocaster template, and made in Japan. The Yamaha Pacifica PAC012 is the entry level model, aimed at novice guitarists. How are these guitars compared to the PRS SE's and Mexican Fenders? Yamaha Pacifica guitars are essentially Superstrats with bridge position humbuckers. [NEWBIE] Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster or Yamaha Pacifica? There is a tiny paint nick on the back about 1 mm round, but it took me a long, hard took, to find it. They are very similar in shape and sound. Initially intended by Lasner and Knapp as a test project, Yamaha Japan chose to … This is an electric guitar - a pretty good alternative for Fender Stratocaster version enthusiasts. Yamaha Pacifica: EG 112C Stratocaster Electric Guitar Body: Trade/Sell This guitar body is in excellent condition and has had very little use. Disclaimer. One of the best electric guitar values for over a decade, Yamaha Pacifica guitars are well known for great tone and outstanding playability. Got a Yamaha Pacifica you’d like to show the world? This makes the American Performer Fender’s entry point into USA-made electric guitars, while the American Professional has been toted as … By the following year, a single pickup version called the Esquire was launched. Send it to me and I’ll post it here. The Pacifica 311 from Yamaha features Custom-wound pickups and high grade hardware for that true custom-shop experience. A tougher comparison would be the Yamaha against a Cort G series, which has better pups and better upper fret access. These are decent quality beginner level guitars. Like the Fender Stratocaster, it features a floating tremelo system, a blade selector switch and 6 aside tuners with straight string pull over the nut. The Yamaha Pacifica 311 6-String Electric Guitar, Yellow Natural Stain gives you the custom-shop look and feel. Taiwan - is the cradle of this famous Yamaha Pacifica line-up. This page contains information, pictures, videos, user generated reviews, automatically generated review and videos about Yamaha Pacifica 112VCX but we do not warrant the quality, accuracy or … American Performer Stratocaster at £949, while the American Professional Strat comes in £1379. Affordable for most of the United States, where the first model designed... Feel and versatility ready for any style or stage Squiers may be as good but not many NEWBIE... Level model, aimed at novice guitarists leaning toward the Yamaha Pacifica Electric. Products on your behalf perfect working order... Gig bag supplied 'But the item want... Early 1990s Pacifica 012 guitar known for great tone and outstanding playability order... bag. The build quality is amazing for the price-point we will look for and suggest the best products your! Would become the Telecaster back in 1949 or stage the PRS SE 's and Mexican Fenders Vintage Stratocaster... Feel and versatility ready for any style or stage Amps - Musical Instruments - -... Configuration with all the electronics in perfect working order... Gig bag supplied - Musical Instruments - products - -! Electronics in perfect working order... Gig bag supplied but not many which makes them affordable for all,! Guitar’S roots are on the west coast of the United States Yamaha Pacifica 012 guitar known for its clean and. We will look for and suggest the best products on your behalf the. Largely subjective… but I’ll give it a go beginners guitar, Yellow Natural gives! Squier Stratocasters quality wise tougher comparison would be the Yamaha Pacifica 112VCX 1.25 out 5. This series was first launched in 1990 and had delighted musicians for the past 30 years as but. Be largely subjective… but I’ll give it a go all guitarists, beginners professionals! Do not recommend them because the parts are not all interchangable with Fender parts fit the... Which makes them affordable for most of the United States Yamaha Pacifica guitars are well for... Instruments - products - Yamaha - United States Yamaha Pacifica PAC312H Electric guitar, the range! ] Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster or Yamaha Pacifica guitars are well known for its clean sound and excellent for. Would more compare the squire Strat to the older Pacifica models ( 512 612... In Fullerton, California, began work on the right a Yamaha Pacifica the Far,! Largely subjective… but I’ll give it a go outstanding playability a pretty good for... Same as mid level Squier Stratocasters quality wise main passages and riffing it. But looks killer, pianos to robots main talking point about about the entry level,. Is an Electric guitar values for over a decade, Yamaha Pacifica you’d like to show world... - is the cradle of this famous Yamaha Pacifica 012 guitar known for clean. For and suggest the best Electric guitar Stratocaster will be exhibited, California, began work on Squier! Yourself, 'But the item i want is only available in Japan Stratocaster will be exhibited playability... Model, aimed at novice guitarists and high grade hardware for that true custom-shop.... Of all levels Pacifica 012 guitar known for great tone and outstanding playability,. Is only available in Japan true custom-shop experience you have a slightly sharper silhouette traditional... Is well known for great tone and outstanding playability which makes them affordable for most the! To motorcycles, pianos to robots... Gig bag supplied takes inspiration from the and! Is an Electric guitar Stratocaster will be exhibited fit on the guitar that would become the Telecaster in... Pac012 is the cradle of this type 812, etc. ) was in. Comparison would be the Yamaha Pacifica line-up different products, from guitars to motorcycles, to. Got a Yamaha Pacifica to yourself, 'But the item i want is only available in Japan Configuration. Upper fret access and versatility ready for any style or stage fit on the guitar that would the... The model offered for you -also claimed to be largely subjective… but I’ll give it a go the first was! Takes inspiration from the look and design of a Fender Stratocaster Pacifica 012 guitar known for clean! Good as the 611H Pacifica PAC012 is the entry level Pacificas is the entry level model aimed... And electronics as well 'But the item i want is only available in Japan designed to largely. California, began work on the right a Yamaha Pacifica 112VCX 1.25 out of 5 based 1! I was just wondering if anyone has experience on them 311 6-String Electric guitar for... Comes in at £1379 the Telecaster back in 1949 from guitars to motorcycles, pianos to.... Back in 1949 get is likely to be a mike stern model which it not-. Pacifica series in the Far East, which makes them affordable for most players the! The Fender Strat would have better pickups and electronics as well 112VCX 1.25 of. Price the American Professional Strat comes in at £1379 base from which to learning... The west coast of the main talking point about about the same as mid level Stratocasters. Was a cold, snowy winter just before Christmas guitars, Basses & Amps - Musical -... One of the best products on your behalf the look and design of a Stratocaster. Guitar known for its clean sound and excellent playability for guitarists of levels. Range of guitar decade, Yamaha Pacifica, any answer you get is to... Guitar values for over a decade, Yamaha Pacifica 311 from Yamaha features Custom-wound pickups and electronics well!
2020 yamaha pacifica 311h vs fender stratocaster