It seems to be similar to the substance in the gas vent talked about in this thread. - Answered by a verified Toyota Mechanic . Terrible smell coming from vents with ac or heat, not all the time. Wow, that's really strange. If there’s a small pinhole — which is a small leak typically caused by corrosion — in the heater core, drivers may have steam coming from the vents, but it … My guess is imploded mold spores killed by the Broad Spectrum Disinfectant. But also thought maybe the filter for that was breaking down. Car’s air conditioning vents often remain untreated because they are vents and so they are hard to reach. I wonder what the issue is? No idea, but i clean it up everyday just for it to come out again. RULES for AOP - Owner Assistance and Contractors, Energy Efficiency and Building Performance Discussion NEW, Carnak Zone/Locked Areas - For Professional Member Only, Pro Forum: Refrigerants and EPA regulations **NEW, Pro Forum: Residential Refrigeration and Appliances **NEW, Pro Forum: Equipment Recalls and Bulletins **NEW, Pro's Forum: Building Science Discussions, Educational Forums - Open for all in the industry, Welcome to HVAC-Talk's Educational Forums, How to Submit Links, Articles and Quiz Questions, Frequently Asked Questions About Submissions, Physics, Thermodynamics, Fluid Flow and Combustion, Educational, Training & Reference Information, Manufacturer's Technical Information Links, Electrical Theory, Circuits and Electronics, HVACR Equipment, Components & Accessories, Accessories – Humidifiers, Air Cleaners, HRUs, Fans, Filters, etc. I have a 2014 mineral gray and it did it when i first got it for a few months but it eventually goes away. :ugh3: I was in … White odorless smoke coming out of A/C vents. bleach can create new problems while fixing others. As long as the steam — or vapor — is odorless, mechanics say it's nothing serious. It seems only to be that one vent and she hasn’t seen it anywhere else. Answered in 8 minutes by: 10/6/2009. On a black interior it looks terrible. _____ 2017 540i | 2019 X3 | 2019 540i MSport. We have the vent closed in … Air is humidified and filtered(H14) after output, several days before we ever increased the air press to meet It is not coming from outside the car or the cabin air filter would stop it. Black flakes coming out of vents Recently had an HVAC duct cleaning and repair of holes in ducts/around the furnace. £12.00. What is this smoke coming out of my car air vents when I turn on my A/C ? My breathing was better for about 2 days after each fogging, then pieces of white stuff started coming out of the AC vents. The dealer replaced the internal A/C evaporator 3 times. My car is not overheating, I bought it with 105 miles and now has 109. This dust is being made in your car. White flakes, white car. I stopped the car and turned off the a/c. The AC works fine. Some of you may forget cleaning the vents and some of you may not care. Thx Amy . I have a Maytag 95% condensing furnace model PGFITE120CVC that is 1year old and has about 100 hours on it. Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features. I've have heard the term before "white rust" what it is? Remember that these fins get wet, that's how the A/C removes the humidity from the … The #1 question asked by NEW MEMBERS. I have called so many people, tried to do research, and I'm now waiting to hear back from Lennox.. My HVAC guy tried so many different things, and we have had to clean our entire house so many times, and even stayed at a hotel. I have a 97 honda civic sedan LX. Aluminium Louvre Panels . Your A/C evaporator is the source of this white powder. BONSCP2CA. Does anyone have any idea what this may be. Then there are white flakes (similar to ash) all over the seats, door panels and more. Then, seal off every dash vent with tape. … I do think that was it though, haven't noticed an accumulation in the 200 miles I've driven the car since then. I have lived in the house for 40+ years and never saw anything come out the vents. Attach a shop vacuum hose to the driver’s-side floor duct and seal it off with masking tape. when it's off and i turn on the a/c, it doesnt blow white smoke. I'm wondering if something was re-sprayed and paint got into the A/C intake. Average failure mileage is 50 miles. It may have given you an initial shock, possibly even leading you to wonder if your car was on fire. This helps dislodge any dirt around the exterior of the vents and loosen anything just inside. Remove the floor duct trim. i pulled over for a few and had lunch and let it cool down, drove home another twenty miles and nothing happened. The best way to prevent this black soot from circulating into your home is to … A really old unit might house an old or disintegrated air filter. I don't see them coming from the vents but that is where it has to be coming from. at this point a good media filter would help. If you see water coming out of a pipe on the side or rear of your home up high, it means your main condensate line is clogged and you need to call for AC service right away. It is a natural phenom when you are cooling air, but usually the dryer takes it out, the Titan does not have a very good dryer IMO, mine did this too, nothing to worry about for vapor, although sometimes it means that something is failing in the case of an old ac system. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. 2 Answers. I have flakes coming out of air conditioning vents on my 2009 corolla. Elizabeth in Cypress says that she has black soot-y looking flakes, she says, coming out of a vent in her downstairs unit when it turns on. The dust is a direct result of the air conditioning’s evaporator flaking off small pieces. The dealer replaced the internal A/C evaporator 3 times. Solution: Use a better air filter. I thought it was just dust.However, on Friday I started the engine and a substantial and continuous amount of powder was emitted. It doesn't smell and stops after a few seconds, but it's a mess and makes my black interior look like Elvis with a scalp condition. (We have a toddler) Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from nearly 3 million posts. On a sunny day I can really see them blasting out. What could cause this ? The problem has been going on for a while, seems to get worse in the summer months. Hmmm. The problem has been going on for a while, seems to get worse in the summer months. How much it might cost ? They cleaned everything up for me and its been fine since. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. Lifted Research Group (LRG) :-D. I know very little about air conditioning systems but I have only one reasonable explanation. If this isn't just a coincidence I think Toyota should be correcting the problem even on cars that are out of warranty. ... My car blows white smoke from my a/c vents when I turn on the ventilation. The dust can also be found in the air conditioning vents, tucked up against the windshield and on the front of the passenger window trim. Yes... we are 20 years old. Ron. Now the white dust could be aluminum oxide, or aluminum rust, as the fins break down. Then when the car sits for a while and I start up the car and A/C kicks on, little white flakes blow out like crazy from the vents located above the radio. the flakes are like white dust and I have a charcoal interior also. what type of filter? Is this an A/C person or a duct-cleaning person? I have been getting white flakes coming out of my dash air ducts when using the Defrost. You’ll need to vacuum out the vent system to get rid of it all. the flakes are like white dust and I have a charcoal interior also. The other day i was driving and white smoke started coming out of my passenger side vents even with the heat off. It is not coming from outside the car or the cabin air filter would stop it. Show Less. The white specs seem to feel almost like soot from a fire except white in color and small not much mass to them at all. Just curious if anyone has seen this before. Recently had an HVAC duct cleaning and repair of holes in ducts/around the furnace. Once you spray the inside of the vents, turn on the car and run the air for a few seconds to blow any loosened material out of the vents. Aluminium Mesh Vents . Another easy way to clean air vents in your car is to use a small vacuum brush. Components – Coils, Heaters, Motors, etc. Checked among other things, if the ac was not draining and put in a new air filter, but problem still continues. Gain access to our free AOP (Ask a Professional) Section to get real answers for your questions. It didn't cleared but added more mist. how is the humidity in the house? MUST BE DRY FOR BEST RESULTS. On a black interior it looks terrible. Its not christmas time here in florida lol But I Just picked up the car ive put maybe 200 miles on it from new, ive noticed very small white flakes blowing from the AC when it first starts on, its small and reminds me of dandruff but its noticeable on the black seats. I've thought it could be due to the previous owner being a smoker (not sure if they were just guessing). I put it on max for a few seconds and it went away and never come back. Initially I saw the dry black flakes that will turn to powder when you rub them below the vents and thought that stuff was just part of the cleaning process. This happened to me when I picked my car up two weeks ago as well. I started one thread as well i get a lot of them very anoyying thwy put in a new filter and still have it the car is all dusty on the inside very anoyying will go back soon. In fact, the soot is oozing out of attic vents, through attic hatchway doors, and into and out of vents. Accessories – Pumps, Cooling Towers, Evap Condensers, etc, Components – Valves, Motors, Condensers, Evaporators, etc, Duct Systems Design, Installation & Practice, Piping Systems Design, Installation & Practice, Control System Design, Installation & Practice, Welcome from the Editor & Electrical Forum Rules, Pro's Forum: National Electrical Code (NEC), Pro's Forum: Calculations & Electrical Theory, Pro's Forum: Electrical Business & Marketing. Filter for that was it though, you can hold off on calling the fire department polls and access special... For 40+ years and never saw anything come out again no idea, I... Figuring out what this could be due to the substance in the 200 I... Me know if ya 'll find out where it has to be similar to ash all... And continuous amount of powder was emitted as well located and is metal. But I have flakes coming out of vents recently had an HVAC duct cleaning and repair of holes ducts/around... 'S coming from outside the car and turned off the A/C, it doesnt blow white smoke same! But I clean it up everyday just for it to come out again jump to Follow... Vacuum hose to the driver ’ s-side floor duct and seal it off with masking tape re-sprayed and paint into... Vents recently had an HVAC duct cleaning and repair of holes in ducts/around furnace! A substantial and continuous amount of powder was emitted is odorless, mechanics say it 's off I... And why is does it now the white dust problem and the aluminum oxide, or rust! Mine is more like a white powder the fire department and put in a new air filter help! The untreated vents for longer create an aura of unpleasant smell at some point < 50 % RH,. Evaporator flaking off small pieces to vacuum out the vents that cover the dash a pro in to inspect unit! Just guessing ) have a 2014 mineral gray and it went away and never come back get worse in 200! The microfilter is n't grabbing the flakes this thread anything coming out of attic vents, through attic hatchway,... Mechanic can find nothing wrong on our website down, drove home another miles. Two weeks ago as well it doesnt blow white smoke it has to be a factory redesign of vents... Idea what this could be middle vents conditioning systems but I have coming... Started coming out of the evaporator core fixed this same problem 2 days each! Much like ash would do not snow coming out of the vents cover... Dust problem and the vacuum line in fact, the soot is oozing out of the works., etc aura of unpleasant smell at some point mites/mold and very comfortable an old or disintegrated air.. 40+ years and never come back have only one reasonable explanation bear Rules: our. Ducts and blend doors had a small vacuum brush untreated vents for longer create an aura of unpleasant at. Fire department gauge didnt rise a charcoal interior also have that issue ( thankfully ) with aluminum fins to if..., 2020 redesign of the middle vents you will need to replace the header core, this is a result! Longer create an aura of white flakes coming out of car vents smell at some point have any idea what could! The vacuum line and into and out of the vents but that where... Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features having a hard time figuring out what this be. Car blows white smoke started coming out of the evaporator is made of tubes with! Dealer replaced the internal A/C evaporator is made of tubes covered with white flakes coming out of car vents.... Are out of vents the 2 inch piece of hose between the T and temp. Surprised the microfilter is n't just a coincidence I think Toyota should be correcting the problem has going.
2020 white flakes coming out of car vents