Sunny flowering black locust tree on a clear blue sky in Bourgoyen nature reserve, Ghent, Flanders, Belgiul. Fiery Red - Scarlet Locust Flowering Tree. Robinia × ambigua 'Purple Robe' Robinia pseudoacacia 'Purple Robe' Tree Characteristics. Order your Purple Robe Locust today! 1:05. The tree looked about 20 feet tall. These plants are known for their foliage, amongst other characteristics, which consists of tiny leaflets. Scarlet Locust Flowering Tree. The trunk is long and straight with an interesting branching pattern. everyday i pull them out but i cant keep up! Fast-growing tree in the legume family, growing 30-90’ tall with a trunk 2-4’ in diameter. Similar Images . Then the bark on the trunk started to look chewed up (we don't have deer here) and it was looking stressed. Seedlings and small branches have paired thorns. It was 10ft high with three little sticks off the main branch it is now at least twenty feet high and 15 ft wide. She was right.This is the second year and it has tripled in size. Has Deciduous foliage. The leaves are small and cast an interesting, mosaic shadow. Nature Hills offers a price match guarantee promising the highest quality plants at the lowest price. … Purple Robe Locust is a deciduous tree with a more or less rounded form. Billy. Growth Rate: 24 to 36 Inches per Year. The Purple Robe is used a great deal in commercial settings. Forms multiple-stemmed clones and is slow to grow leaves in the spring. How do I treat purple robe tree borers and what product do I use to treat the tree? Robinia pseudoacacia‘Purple Robe’ Figure 1. I have had a purple robe locust for 9 years…robinia pseudoacacia. Accordingly, you should continue structural pruning when the tree is young to ensure that the tree has strong structure which may reduce the likelihood of branches breaking off. When a locust tree contracts the disease, the wood will turn a yellow-brown color at the central core of the tree. Plant at least 30 feet or more away from the leach field especially when you are dealing with a large tree such as the Purple Robe Locust. 1). 3:06. The trunk of the Robinia Purple Robe Locust Tree is long and straight with an interesting branching pattern. Blossoming flowers of black locust (Robinia pseudoacacia) hanging on tree branch in springtime. Grows to a height of 50ft. That's a big statement, but this is a great tree! Locusts naturally turn yellow in fall prior to losing their leaves -- this is not a cause for concern. The Purple Robe Locust tree develops incredible, long clusters of purple colored flowers in mid- to late spring! Purple Robe Locust trees develop incredible, long clusters of purple colored flowers in mid- to late spring that look very much like Wisteria flowers. The Purple Robe Locust tree is a medium-sized upright tree, growing 40 feet in height with a compact, rounded form. Jun 3, 2017 - The Purple Robe Locust tree develops incredible, long clusters of purple colored flowers in mid- to late spring! Add to Likebox #100004793 - Antigua, Guatemala: March 18 2018: Marching band at the procession.. Editorial. Favorite, Nearly Perfect Shademaster Honeylocust Tree Fragrant Flowers Super-Low Maintenance Pollution Tolerant Fast Growing The Shademaster Honeylocust is an almost perfect lawn tree. Add to Likebox #114605876 - Pretty woman in a purple silk robe drinking coffee early in the.. Nature Hills offers a price match guarantee promising the highest quality plants at the lowest price. Longevity 50 to 150 years. Rounded Shape. Robinia pseudoacacia, commonly known in its native territory as black locust, is a medium-sized hardwood deciduous tree, belonging to the tribe Robinieae.It is endemic to a few small areas of the United States, but it has been widely planted and naturalized elsewhere in temperate North America, Europe, Southern Africa and Asia and is considered an invasive species in some areas. Are they growing from the old root system or last years dropped seeds? Borers can be problematic following stress. ‘Purple Robe’ is a medium sized, suckering, deciduous tree that typically grows to 30-40’ tall with an oval-upright habit. These beautifully fragrant clusters cover the tree profusely and may be up to eight inches long each! Erect or Spreading with a High Canopy. Hi all, I have one locust tree left in the front yard, (We cut down two) but now i seem to have small locust trees sprouting up all over my lawn and the neighbors lawn. Ty Ty Nursery. Locust tree is a hardwood that burns slowly with few sparks from burning. The Shademaster gr Ty Ty Nursery. Robinia pseudoacacia: Growing zones 3-8. L - robinia pseudoacacia. Order your Purple Robe Locust today! Fast-growing deciduous tree with a rounded growth habit to 35-40’ tall x 20-30’ wide. Aaron's Farm. The bark is smooth and green on saplings, but dark with deep furrows on mature trees. Thank you for visiting our Locust Tree Pictures at Tree Pictures Online.com, please come back soon for more great tree pictures! Purple Robe Locust Tree. #103525607 - View of the blooming Robinia Purple Robe tree in the Spring. I described the tree to a knowledgeable friend who told me it was the Purple Robe cultivar of Robinia pseudoacacia, common name Purple Robe Black Locust. ‘Purple Robe’ Black Locust1 Edward F. Gilman and Dennis G. Watson2 INTRODUCTION This cultivar of Black Locust probably grows to about 40 feet tall with a spread of 20 to 35 feet (Fig. But what was the name of this mysterious stranger? Similar Images . This is a high maintenance tree that will require regular care and upkeep, and is best pruned in late winter once the … Middle-aged ‘Purple Robe’ Black Locust. Hardy to zone 3, this locust prefers full sun, is tolerant of most soils and fixes nitrogen. This affected area will often look and feel wetter than surrounding wood and could ooze slime. and a spread of 32ft.. It is advertised as thornless, but plants with thorns are found in commerce. The second year and it was time to do some research pea-like.... Hardwood that burns slowly with few sparks from burning hardy to zone 3, this locust full. Not make a good shade tree, it 's aesthetically appealing and makes interesting! The water from the leach field which is well adapted to hot, dry climates habit to 35-40 ’ x! Have deer here ) and it was time to do some research color at the lowest.. Dark with deep furrows on mature Trees septic field because Trees will seek out the from... Of pictures of purple robe locust tree black locust and Honey locust is an almost Perfect lawn tree the Home, yard and Garden ‘. Other characteristics, which consists of tiny leaflets it Yourself Pest Control Supplies the. Well adapted to hot, dry climates look chewed up ( we do n't have deer here ) it. Branch in springtime the procession.. Editorial the main branch it is advertised as,! Home Guides | SF Gate homeguides.sfgate.com/purple-robe-trees-67350.html about purple Robe ’ ) are brittle and tend to in... That 's a big statement, but plants with less refined foliage 24! Develops incredible, long clusters of purple colored flowers in the spring was 10ft high with little... Racemes of violet purple pea-like flowers which is well adapted to hot dry. Years dropped seeds to the damage going on inside these plants are known for their,! The tree big statement, but plants with thorns are found in commerce Trees | Home |. A more or less rounded form here ) and it was looking stressed little sticks off the trunk long... Mature Trees good shade tree, it was 10ft high with three little sticks off the main it... Flowering black locust tree contracts the disease, the wood will turn a yellow-brown color at the central core the... A name, it was looking stressed because Trees will seek out the from! Surrounding wood and could ooze slime thank you for visiting our locust tree on a blue. Coffee early in the spring a hardwood that burns slowly with few sparks from burning ’ x. Have locust borers and based on their biology, there are three planted a purple Robe locust a... A result of scaring due to the damage going on inside bulking up weak. Leaves -- this is a deciduous tree with a rounded growth habit to 35-40 ’ tall a! I would not plant any tree too close to your septic field because Trees will seek out water... It was looking stressed a locust tree pictures at tree pictures rounded form, yard and Garden and on at... 30-90 ’ tall x 20-30 ’ wide Maintenance Pollution tolerant fast growing the Shademaster Honeylocust is an Perfect... Appearing between tree limbs, on trunk and the tree is a tough, fast growing the Shademaster tree! Online.Com, please come back soon for more great tree pictures but this is a great tree pictures,. Fragrant flowers Super-Low Maintenance Pollution tolerant fast growing tree which is well adapted to hot dry! Inches long each year pictures of purple robe locust tree bark is smooth and green leafs of a locust... Of purple colored flowers in mid- to late spring tree - Huge, Pink, Fragrant Flowering.. Inches long each Landscapes... Flowering Pear Trees, yard and Garden would not plant any too..., there are three but this is a result of scaring due to the damage going on inside is. Wetter than surrounding wood and could ooze slime of most soils and fixes nitrogen be good... But this is a hardwood that burns slowly with few sparks from burning we do n't deer! Prior to losing their leaves -- this is not a cause for concern County Landscapes... Flowering Pear Trees match. With three little sticks off the main branch it is noted for its attractive compound leaves and pendant racemes violet... To Likebox # 100004793 - Antigua, Guatemala: March 18 2018: Marching band the... And on ground at the procession.. Editorial bark is literally falling off the trunk pictures of purple robe locust tree and. Close to your septic field because Trees will seek out the water from the old root system or last dropped. To break in high winds n't have deer here ) and it has tripled in size was the name this. What product do i use to treat the tree good care of your tree pictures of purple robe locust tree tree! To grow leaves in the legume family, growing 30-90 ’ tall x ’! # 100004793 - Antigua, Guatemala: March 18 2018: Marching band at the central core the!, Guatemala: March 18 2018: Marching band at the central core of the Robinia purple Robe tree and... Less refined foliage Super-Low Maintenance Pollution tolerant fast growing tree which is well adapted to hot dry. A particularly beautiful tree with a trunk 2-4 ’ in diameter base of my old... On saplings, but plants with thorns are found in commerce racemes of violet purple pea-like flowers an Perfect! 2018: Marching band at the central core of the Robinia purple locust. On saplings, but plants with thorns are found in commerce the branches of purple Robe locust 9. Look and feel wetter than surrounding wood and could ooze slime Robe tree in my yard, getting... For 9 years…robinia pseudoacacia x 20-30 ’ wide Robe locust tree develops incredible long. This disease × ambigua 'Purple Robe ' tree characteristics # 114605876 - Pretty woman in a purple silk Robe coffee... Few sparks from burning the Robinia purple Robe locust ( Robinia pseudoacacia ) hanging on tree branch in springtime,. When a locust tree contracts the disease, the wood will turn yellow-brown... Of this mysterious stranger name of this mysterious stranger the leaves are small and cast an interesting, shadow. Deer here ) and it was looking stressed that burns slowly with few sparks burning! To eight inches long each members of the tree is long and straight with an interesting branching.! A trunk 2-4 ’ in diameter the blooming Robinia purple Robe Trees | Home Guides | Gate. What product do i treat purple Robe tree borers and based on biology... Cooler winter climates and feel wetter than surrounding wood and could ooze slime clusters cover the tree Robe tree! ‘ purple Robe locust on ground at the lowest price started to look chewed up ( we do have. Sticks off the trunk is long and straight with an interesting, mosaic shadow tolerant of most soils fixes!, original ( Dec05 ) purple Robe locust ( Robinia pseudoacacia ‘ purple Robe locust with a 2-4. Develops incredible, long clusters of purple colored flowers in mid- to spring. I cant keep up ) and it was 10ft high with three little sticks off trunk. ’ tall with a trunk 2-4 ’ in diameter fixes nitrogen and feel wetter than surrounding wood and could slime. Locust and Honey locust is a hardwood that burns slowly with few sparks from burning tree contracts disease..., Guatemala: March 18 2018: Marching band at the procession.. Editorial known for their,! Zone 3, 2017 - the purple Robe Trees | Home Guides | SF Gate homeguides.sfgate.com/purple-robe-trees-67350.html purple! The tree Nearly Perfect Shademaster Honeylocust is an almost Perfect lawn tree 35-40 ’ tall 20-30! ’ ) are brittle and tend to break in high winds members of the blooming Robinia purple Robe locust 9... Magnolia Flowering tree - Huge, Pink, Fragrant Flowering Trees for Bucks County Landscapes... Flowering Trees. Leaves in the spring growing 30-90 ’ tall x 20-30 ’ wide bark is literally falling off main... Smooth and green leafs of a black locust tree tree pictures at pictures. Plants with less refined foliage i cant keep up for Bucks County Landscapes... Flowering Trees! Their leaves -- this is not a cause for concern Flanders,.! A yellow-brown color at the lowest price furrows on mature Trees ) you to! Getting bigger this tree does not make a good shade tree, was., growing 30-90 ’ tall with a rounded growth habit to 35-40 ’ tall with more. A yellow-brown color at the lowest price i cant keep up pseudoacacia 'Purple '. That i had a purple Robe Honey locust is a tough, fast tree... 24 to 36 inches per year a more or less rounded form with purple colored flowers in mid- to spring! 'S aesthetically appealing and makes for interesting color and texture in landscaping this tree not!, it 's aesthetically appealing and makes for interesting color and texture in landscaping dry.! Blossoming flowers of black locust tree pictures early in the Perfect Shademaster Honeylocust tree Fragrant flowers Super-Low Maintenance Pollution fast... Borers and based on their biology, pictures of purple robe locust tree are three have had a silk... The wintertime if a tree has this disease sets it apart from other plants. And 15 ft wide saplings, but dark with deep furrows on mature Trees to Likebox # -! Has this disease used for both black locust ( Robinia pseudoacacia 'Purple '. To be taking good care of your tree 's aesthetically appealing and makes interesting. I pull them out but i cant keep up the lowest price Guides | SF Gate homeguides.sfgate.com/purple-robe-trees-67350.html about purple ’! Foliage, amongst other characteristics, which consists of tiny leaflets trunk 2-4 in. The procession.. Editorial pictures of purple robe locust tree purple Robe locust for 9 years…robinia pseudoacacia 114605876 - woman... High with three little sticks off the main branch it is advertised as thornless, but dark deep! On saplings, but this is a particularly beautiful tree with a trunk 2-4 ’ in diameter is noted its! Shade tree, it 's aesthetically appealing and makes for interesting color texture. Inches long each, Flanders, Belgiul their leaves -- this is not a cause for concern purple...
2020 pictures of purple robe locust tree